Our client, an internationally established theme park and resort company, has an immediate need for a System Integration Manager. In this role, the System Integration Manager is a key technical contributor for developing innovative and advanced software technologies and responsible for developing, managing the development of, testing, and commissioning hardware and software systems as well as leading efforts to evaluate and standardize the ways in which teams, platforms, and components communicate to deliver an epic and reliable experience for guests and team members. Positions are available for projects in the U.S. as well as others that will expat to Japan.
- Manage the hardware/software integration process from conception to final release.
- Contribute to planning, budgeting, and design and implementation of applications, systems, and components.
- Participate in software, network, and/or electronic architecture and technical reviews for various teams for inputs and to provide guidance for areas of risk or scope gaps.
- Research and design systems to handle closed loop network systems including human machine interfaces and ride and show network inputs.
- Develop hardware/software specifications that will be bid to third party development teams.
- Manage vendors assigned to design, develop, and/or test integration scopes for hardware and software systems.
- Manage contracts released to vendors. Participate in the entire contracting process from initiation to close-out.
- Manage modifications to hardware/software systems as required based upon design and field conditions.
- Drive technical improvements across all attractions. Execute, witness or approve testing and test results as assigned and authorized by Engineering and Safety management. Reduce data and report on test results.
- Work closely with creative development teams on creating the concept of the overall experience and ensuring delivery meets all creative requirements.
- Create mockups and proof-of-concepts. Oversee contractor’s mock-up, prototype and acceptance testing efforts to ensure results reflect the final installed system.
- Manage hardware/software development teams (external and internal teams). Facilitate input from multiple teams including operations and technical teams to create standardized solutions for integration of systems. Facilitate communication between teams for clear delineation of scope for each responsible individual and vendor.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest in technology and industry trends and introduce new technology concepts.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policy, procedures, training and team member involvement.
- Advanced vendor management and negotiating.
- Web User Interface Analysis and Usability Testing.
- Strong understanding of UX/UI design, up to date with latest user experience design trends.
- Experience with mobile platforms, particularly iOS, Android.
- Experience with analytics solutions, standards-compliant code.
- Working knowledge of game development engines such as Unity and Unreal.
- Working knowledge of C++, C#, and/or Java.
- Familiar with Agile development process.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to “think outside the box” to deliver creative solutions to challenges.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong team orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, particularly with regards to maintaining technical skills and willing to take on new challenges.
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Flexibility with working on both long-term and short-term projects.
- Passionate about hardware and software technologies, and how to integrate it.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Computer Engineering/Science, or a related field required.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- 10+ years managing internal and/or external team(s) delivering hardware components required.
- 5+ years of hardware and software development required.
- 3+ years of experience with Virtual Reality and/or Augmented Reality system required.
- 3+ years of experience within the amusement industry preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity in the $90,000 to $215,000 range with an excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates please submit resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.