The Senior Project Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all stages of construction for the Project Team. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring the latest drawings, specifications and environmental, occupational health and safety procedures are being followed and that the facilities being built are in accordance with the design documents.
- Becomes familiar with the Creative concept package and monitor the development of the construction documents with the Sr. Project Manager, Facility. Assists with the pre-qualification and evaluation of potential construction vendors. Works with the general contractors, vendors for site/construction sequence and logistics with general contractors, vendors and the project team with regards to access, insurance, etc. required to gain access to the site.
- Assists the Sr. Project Manager, Facility with the review of all of the various design phase submittals from the outside architects and engineers.
- Assists in the preparation of the Request for Proposals. Prepares all documentation required for site access, lay down and other logistics for the contractors and vendors for review by the Sr. Project Manager, Facility.
- Responsible for the daily management of the overall project site including all coordination activates between the various Contractors, Sub-Contractors, Architects and Engineers and their Sub-Consultants, Vendors and the various Park Operating Departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work being installed by the Contractors is per the drawings and specifications, using sound construction practices and good quality workmanship.
- Manages overall punch list and close out process for the facility.
- Technical school preferred. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent successive advancement in work experience is required.
- Prior experience as a project superintendent with a theme park company or construction company who has done theme park work.
- Educational and experience requirements include a two year education beyond high school or equivalent combination of technical training and related experience and a minimum of 10 to 15 years construction site supervision and layout experience.
- Full working knowledge of surveying techniques, equipment standards and procedures is necessary.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints and develop as-builts.