General Manager / Venue Operations / Themed Entertainment
Our client, an international new media organization focusing on bringing immersive reality experiences to life, has an immediate need for a General Manager to support their new venue in West Los Angeles. In this role, the GM will be responsible for all aspects of marketing the venue and managing the operation of the overall business including guest experience, event innovation, financial performance, sales, revenue generation, and delivering a return investment to key stakeholders. The GM role is actively involved in entertainment and tourism communities and will bring strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers. Lastly, the GM will oversee a staff of professionals across the entire operation including operations, food and beverage, sales and marketing, finance, and HR.
- Develop, implement, and maintain high customer service standards for staff, vendors, and guests.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Technology, and Food and Beverage teams to create innovate offerings that drive incremental revenue growth and profitability.
- Assist with the development of best practices in operations, food and beverage, sales, consumer engagement, and associate training to assist in the development and growth.
- Oversee quality control and establishing goals for each department in partnership with division managers.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning and introduction of new programs and strategies.
- Establish, implement, and maintain policies that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness.
- Complete understanding of alcoholic beverage commission regulations.
- Attendance at high profile functions, industry events, and public meetings including civic and governmental departments.
- Engage, lead, and coach a diverse team across exempt and non-exempt team members.
- Day to day management of all venue vendors/subcontractors including, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Cleaning, Security, Trash/Recycling, and Food Supply (local and national).
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in management operations, high-volume food and beverage, sales and marketing, finance, and accounting.
- Experience as a GM working in hospitality, sports, entertainment, attractions, museums, amusement parks, or family entertainment centers.
- Strong understanding of traditional and innovative sales and marketing strategies with a proven track record of implementing initiatives that will drive brand awareness and demand.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with ability to work seamlessly with peers and senior leaders across all business functions.
- Experience building winning integrated food and beverage, sales, marketing and operations team and culture.
- Proven leadership experience in a sales-based environment including coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, and performance management.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity in West Los Angeles in the 180k range with an exceptional benefits package and room for growth and advancement. Qualified candidates please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate reply.