Our client, an international new media organization focusing on bringing immersive reality experiences to life, has an immediate need for a Field Service Technician headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah (please note this role requires travel, domestic and international).
In this role, the Field Service Technician will ensure the optimal functioning of complex state-of-the-art image generators and display systems. The primary responsibilities will encompass a range of activities including hardware and software maintenance, troubleshooting, training, and documentation. The role’s primary focus is maintaining excellent customer relationships while enhancing technical support processes.
- Utilize expertise in hardware and software to diagnose and repair complex computer and display systems, collaborating with engineering staff as needed.
- Employ troubleshooting tools and techniques to address system issues, escalating to engineering teams when necessary.
- Identify recurring equipment failures and design flaws, recommending practical corrective actions.
- Undertake domestic and international travel on short notice for equipment installation, modification, and repair, as well as long-term on-site support.
- Assist in field services administrative tasks such as scheduling, proposal preparation, and budget management.
- Contribute to creating and delivering operation and maintenance training courses, aiding customers in effectively utilizing and maintaining their systems.
- Collaborate with technical writers and instructors to improve maintenance, operations, and training documentation.
- Generate Field Service Bulletins as responses to Engineering Change Orders, drawing from ECOs as source material.
- Cultivate strong customer relationships through clear and effective communication, fostering rapport and trust.
- Manage tools, documentation, test equipment, and product spares essential for comprehensive system support.
- Oversee preventive maintenance, repair, and hardware configuration of in-house systems.
- Conduct customer acceptance tests to ensure optimal system performance.
- An associate degree in digital electronics, analog video circuits, or equivalent education. Formal training in computer systems and peripherals operation, maintenance, and repair is desirable.
- 1-2 years of experience troubleshooting complex electronic equipment, encompassing digital and analog technologies.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting electronic schematics for analog and digital circuits.
- Prior experience in customer communication and field service, including installing, maintaining, and repairing complex systems.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% to 50% of the time, often for extended periods, to domestic and international destinations.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, with a competitive salary (DOE) and benefits package. Qualified candidates, please submit resumes to email@example.com for an immediate reply.