Our client, an international new media organization focusing on bringing immersive reality experiences to life, has an immediate need for an Executive Chef at their new West Los Angeles venue.
In this role, the Executive Chef will be responsible for creating a safe work environment, menu development, meeting cost / labor goals, training, and 100% accountability for all culinary operations, staffing, and local/state compliance.
In addition, the Executive Chef will be responsible for supervision of the entire department including scheduling of shifts for kitchen staff, managing labor costs, hiring, creating, and executing SOPs, implementing training programs, administering employee performance evaluations, and performing opening/closing duties.
Additional responsibilities include sales building, maintaining operation supplies, equipment maintenance, event management, housekeeping standards in compliance with local health codes, and 100% recipe adherence.
- Eight or more years in culinary management
- 3-5 years of multi-outlet kitchen experience
- Sanitation and food handling certification
- Knowledge of operations and procedures of a multi-faceted entertainment facility
- Skilled in cooking, cost controls, management, crew training, and development
- Standard food preparation/presentation
- Food, beverage, and labor cost controls
- Ability to run all kitchen operations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, restaurant POS system, inventory management and/or procurement software experience, payroll and timekeeping software, and business & accounting software may be required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- High school diploma
- Working knowledge of kitchen and dishwashing procedures
- Knowledge of food and beverage costs, labor costs, and product cost
- Able to stand for long periods of time (10 – 12 hours)
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and late nights.
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits package ($140 – $165k range). Qualified candidates please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for an immediate reply.