Our client is looking for a Chief Engineer to come aboard in their Product Development and Engineering Department (PDE). This client creates high profile, iconic water entertainment installations around the world. This position will play a lead engineering role within the department where they will be responsible for the planning, management, execution, and implementation of site projects, inclusive of the day-to-day project management, scope management, as well as regular status reporting. This will be a hands on position, with the ideal candidate having practical knowledge and expertise in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Oversees and implements the planning and organization of engineering and product projects
- Plan and formulate PDE projects and organize staff according to project requirements
- Oversee system level design, development, integration, and validation of design efforts
- Provide technical program management from conception to deployment
- Provide engineering input into new projects requested for development, including process improvements
- Review project design for compliance with engineering principles, internal company standards, external customer requirements, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders and partners to understand their business/ technical requirements for the software team and assist with product road mapping.
- Confer with management and production staff to discuss project specifications, design, implementation and procedures
- Plan and schedule timelines for projects, set deadlines and keep to the deadline
- Create, maintain and present project update reports as needed
- Prepare and/or update procedures and work instructions as necessary
- Assist with troubleshooting process problems and identify engineering solutions which reduce downtime and conserve maintenance costs
- 15+ years hands-on experience in engineering and product teams within water features, entertainment installations, or similar projects.
- 5-7 years’ management experience
- Experience with the conceptualization, architecting, design, analysis, and fabrication/assembly of mechatronic systems or actuated and instrumented robotic systems
- Understanding and history applying advanced engineering principles, theories, experiment design, concepts and techniques necessary to conduct analysis-driven design of novel robotic systems including experience
- Experience in design and analysis using one or more CAD programs tools such as: SolidWorks, Siemens NX, Pro/ENGINEER, Autodesk Fusion 360
- Exposure to finite element analysis, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, traditional manufacturing processes, material selection, structures, and mechanisms
- Experience working on small teams, project planning, and task management
- Proficiency using MS Office suite of business software
- Ability to detail, document, and communicate work performed through verbal and written means
- Sketching experience preferred
This is an onsite position in Burbank, California. Candidate must be in office 5 days/week.